Jagged Spiral Music Licensing
All of Jagged Spiral’s music is licensed under the Creative Commons Music Sharing License. More specifically, the Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works license.
Under this license, anyone is allowed to Copy, Distribute and Transmit the music, under three conditions:
- Attribution – You must attribute Jagged Spiral as the author of these works. For example, if you rip our CD to mp3 files and distribute them, they must have the mp3 tag filled in with Jagged Spiral as the Original Artist. We would also appreciate it if the Copyright tag was filled in with a link to this page: http://www.jaggedspiral.com/licensing
- Noncommercial – You are not allowed to sell our works, or use them for commercial purposes without our permission. For example, if you would like to use our music to score a movie you intend to sell, you must have our permission first.
- No Derivative Works – You are not allowed to alter, transform or build upon these works. For example, you cannot sample any recognizable part of any song and use it in another song without our permission.
Things you can do with our music for free
- Share it or link to it on your website, blog, social media, bittorrent, etc
- Burn it to CD and give it away
- Use it as music score for your movie that is ALSO licensed for free sharing under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works license
- Play it at your next rave (as long as no one charges anything, the gig is free, the DJ is working for free, etc.)
Note that in all these cases, you still need to Attribute the music to Jagged Spiral. You can’t say you recorded this music yourself, and don’t change any info on the mp3 tags.
Things you can’t do with our music unless you have permission
- Add it to your website store, Amazon store, ebay, etc. and charge money for it
- Burn it to a CD and sell it
- Use it as music score for your movie that you are selling or charging admission to
- Play it at a club where a cover fee is charged or DJ is being paid
How can I get permission to use Jagged Spiral music for commercial use?
Contact conradzero at gmail dot com for commercial use permission
If your project is cool, we might let you use it for free. If you are Peter Jackson, it might cost you.
I Love Your Music And Want To Give You Support / Bail Money / My Estate
Honestly, we’d appreciate you spreading the word over your money. Fan mail, glowing reviews and sharing our music means more to us than your 401K retirement account.