Colin and Jess threw another top-notch Halloween Party this year. We had a great time, and I can’t wait to see the pix. Wish I’d had my camera. The Spiral was all on-hand and took a stab at a couple songs late in the evening, and being the soberest of the group at the time, I have several observations to make:
- I probably shouldn’t even pick up my bass unless I’ve had three alcoholic drinks.
- Colin probably shouldn’t pick up his guitar after thirteen alcoholic drinks.
- None of the band should pick up anything until everyone in the audience has had about thirty alcoholic drinks.
- We should only take requests for songs that we know. At the very least, songs that are completely finished.
- We should practice before playing an improvisational show.
Regardless, we slaughtered Invasion, Prophet, Horrorcloud and covered Sister of Mercy’s “Temple of Love”.
Quote of the night goes to Josh. While getting ready to play drums on the Rock Band game, Nirvana’s “About A Girl” came up as an option. His reply? “I don’t want to play Nirvana. I’m already in Nirvana.”
Second place quote goes to Saveau, who said, “You guys should always dress like that onstage. A pirate, a dark priest, and that guy from The Office.”